River Escapes offers a range of sightseeing, party and exclusive charter cruises – our aim is to offer something for everyone.
We offer cruises on the River Tyne and operate from Newcastle Quayside, next to the Gateshead Millennium Bridge
· We operate three vessels – the Latis, the Fortuna and the Coventina.
· The Latis – maximum capacity – 180 passengers.
· The Fortuna – maximum capacity – 150 passengers
· The Coventina – maximum capacity - 43 passengers
· The Fortuna–has two fully heated lounges, and viewing areas on the fore deck and the roof decks. This vessel has access for up to 5 wheelchairs.
· The Latis–has a heated upper lounge, two further bar/lounge areas and viewing areas on the outer decks of the vessel. This vessel has no wheelchair access.
· The Coventina – has one indoor area with fixed seating and tables. This vessel has no wheelchair access
· A range of refreshments are available to purchase on all of our vessels.
· All of our vessels are licensed premises – fully stocked bars.
· Our staff are friendly, welcoming, highly trained and always available to offer assistance to guests at all times.
· Clearly worded leaflets are available describing the main facilities, types of cruises available, cruise timetable, prices and directions. The leaflets include our contact numbers, email and web site addresses.
· Our leaflets are widely distributed to other tourist venues, hotels, guest houses, caravan parks and Tourist Information Centres
· Special leaflets are produced covering
o Party Nights
o Exclusive charter cruises
· All the above information can be found on our website www.riverescapes.co.uk
· Our cruises are accessible by car. We are located on Newcastle Quayside – follow the A186 signs to Newcastle Quayside from the city centre. Public parking is available nearby at Sandgate, St Annes and Quayside car parks.
· For satellite navigation systems our post code is
· River Escapes is also accessible by the Quay Link bus service. The bright yellow buses run approximately every 10 minutes - early until late, 7 days a week. The bus stop is located next to the Swirl and is located directly opposite our boarding point.
· The nearest railway station is Newcastle Central Station within approximately 20 minutes walk. There are taxi and bus services available outside the station.
· Accessible taxi services are also located in Newcastle city centre.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
· Car parking is public parking and charges apply eg.
· Ticket prices - please refer to our brochures or website for further information.
· Vehicles can drop off passengers at the Swirl walkway to allow disabled visitors access near to the boarding point.
· Access to the boarding point is on tarmac and paved walkways.
· River Escapes signs are displayed at the boarding point.
· Coaches can drop off passengers near to the boarding point and there is a coach parking available at the Sage Music Centre. (Pre-booking required Tel:
· A staff member will be located at the boarding point to greet guests and offer assistance if necessary.
· The sailing times for all of our cruises are listed in our brochure and on our website.
· Access to our boats is by a sloped walkway allowing easy wheelchair access (the slope on the walkway depends on the level of the tide however our staff are on hand to offer assistance if required)
· The pontoon boarding area is a non-slip surface.
· Access to the Fortuna and the Latis is by secured gangway.
· Access to the Coventina is directly from our pontoon – passengers must be able to embark and disembark unaided.
Public Areas - General
· On each of our boats - all internal areas are located on different levels and do have steps to negotiate. Floor plans for each boat are available to view on our website.
· The Fortuna has access for up to 5 wheelchair users and staff are available to offer assistance at all times.
· Access to all areas is by walkways and stairs.
· The boarding area is a flat non-slip surface.
· Seating is available in
o The lounge areas
o Table and chairs are also set out on deck areas.
o All seating and tables are fixed aboard the Coventina.
· There are toilet facilities on all of our vessels.
· We do not have disabled toilets however the toilets aboard the Fortuna are located on the same level as the access to the vessel.
· Hand-washing facilities are located in all toilets.
· There are refreshment and bar facilities on all of our boats - there are steps to negotiate to these areas however staff are on hand to offer assistance if required.
· Food can be purchased at the bar areas and brought to the tables.
· We are able to cater for visitors with special dietary requirements (private charters only) but please ensure that we are aware of any special requirements prior to ordering your food
· There are seating areas on the Fortuna and the Latis with ample seating both outdoors and indoors.
· There is no smoking within any of the vessels – smoking is permitted however on the outer decks of the Fortuna and the Latis.
· We regret we only allow guide dogs on our vessels.
· First Aid facilities are located in specified areas of all of our vessels and cruises will have a qualified first aider on board.
· Wheelchairs,mobility scooters and pushchairs can be stored for guests.